Monday 7 October 2019
The Quiet Revolution of Pope Francis: A Synodal Catholic Church
Rev Gerry O’Hanlon SJ
• Our context: the signs of the times in Church and society
• Synod as renewal of faith, reform of Church, missionary focus
• Biblical, historical and ecumenical roots of Synodality
• Pope Francis and Synodality – from an ‘era of change’ to a ‘change of era’
• How this might translate on the ground in parishes/dioceses
Former Irish Provincial Gerry O’Hanlon SJ is a theologian and author of many books, including The Quiet Revolution of Pope Francis. He is currently social theologian with the Jesuit Centre for Faith and Justice.
His lecture, hosted by Liverpool Hope University, will begin at 7.30pm (with tea and coffee provided from 7pm) and will conclude at 8.45pm.
Optional night prayer will follow at 9pm.
Full details available at www.synod2020.co.uk/lectures.