St John the Evangelist Parish, Burscough
Salary £8.45 per hour
Permanent, 8 hours per week
Wednesday and Thursday, 9.00am-1.00pm
5 weeks holiday plus bank holiday and pension scheme
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and experienced administrator to work in the parish office at St John the Evangelist Presbytery working closely with the parish priest, Fr Leo Daley.
The successful candidate will be required to provide high quality support with the general day to day administration (excluding financial duties) and will include producing letters, reports, booklets, leaflets, parish newsletter and issuing certificates along with maintaining parish registers and records.
Candidates must have empathy with the ethos and mission of the Roman Catholic Church and a commitment to the work of the parish, pastoral area, schools, the local community and other parish groups.
The successful candidate must have;
• Experience of working in a similar administrative role/undertaking a broad range of administrative tasks
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills
• An ability to maintain effective working relationships with clergy, volunteers, schools and general public
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and use of email
• An appreciation of the need for sensitivity and confidentiality
Possession of the following would be advantageous:
• European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL), or equivalent
• An ability to implement new administrative processes
To apply for this post, please contact Human Resources on 0151 522 1073
Alternatively, please download a full application pack from our website at; www.liverpoolcatholic.org.uk/jobs
Please download an information pack here -
Alternatively, contact Human Resources on 0151 522 1073 for a postal application pack
Closing Date: 5pm on Wednesday 25th October 2017
This post is not subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure & Barring Service