Liverpool Seafarers Centre
Salary £19,840 per annum
Permanent, 37.50 hours per week, to be worked over 7 days per week
33 days holiday per year (including public/bank holidays) pro rata
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced person to work for Liverpool Seafarers Centre, an ecumenical partnership between the Apostleship of the Sea (Liverpool) and The Mersey Mission to Seafarers, based in Waterloo, adjacent to Liverpool Docks.
The successful candidate will be required to provide quality services to active and retired Seafarers within the Centre and throughout the Mersey Ports area.
The candidate must have an understanding of, be sympathetic to and have an empathy with the ethos of working within an ecumenical environment, offering services unconditionally to all, irrespective of nationality and belief. Total flexibility, in working hours, is paramount.
- Good standard of general education, excellent written, verbal and IT skills
- Knowledge of interfaith and varied cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrate teamwork, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Flexibility in working hours to fulfil the needs of the Centre
- Sense of calling to uphold the needs of Seafarers
- Full driving licence
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon, 22 November 2018
Interview: w/c 3 December 2018
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure & Barring Service
Liverpool Seafarers Centre, 20 Crosby Road South, Liverpool, L22 1RQ
Registered Charity No 1125539
Tel 0300 800 8080
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com
or telephone: 0300 800 8080